Looking for a fun way to support the Keep Ann Dancing campaing? These three local businesses, Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery, Coat Check Coffee and Gavel Curated Cafe are supporting the Keep Ann Dancing campaign by creating new, Ann Dancing inspired drinks for people to purchase. $1 from each drink will support the Keep Ann Dancing Campaign.
“Many of us at Hotel Tango are artists ourselves and appreciators of the arts,” said Corey Ewing, Beverage Manager at Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery. “When we learned of the #keepanndancing campaign, we knew we had the unique opportunity to inspire support for this iconic piece of public art, through the art we practice at Hotel Tango: craft cocktails.”
“We’re proud to serve ‘The Dancing Daiquiri’ until June 29, with the hopes of allowing Ann to continue inspiring new and existing art appreciators in Indianapolis,” said Casey Shirley, General Manager at Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery.
Ann Dancing inspired signature drinks and where to buy them to support the Keep Ann Dancing campaign include:
- Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery: the Dancing Daiquiri
- Rum, Hibiscus Simple Syrup, Lime & Saline — $10
- Address: 702 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis 46203
- Coat Check Coffee: Keep Ann Dancing Chocolate Latte
- A Chocolate Latte made with Omanhene Chocolate from Ghana and finished with a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt — $6
- Address: 401 E. Michigan Street, in the Athenaeum
- Gavel Curated Cafe: Dancing Ann
- White port and nitro coffee over ice– $10
- Address: 902 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis 46203
Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc. announced on May 30 a fundraising campaign to Keep Ann Dancing. Ann Dancing, by Julian Opie, is the oldest piece of art on the Indianapolis Cultural Trail: A Legacy of Gene and Marilyn. Installed in January 2008, Ann Dancing is an electronic piece of art and is in need of a full replacement. The fundraising goal is $262,800 in four weeks and includes raising money to replace Ann Dancing, for an Ann Dancing maintenance fund, improvements to the Ann Dancing plaza on the Cultural Trail and funding for future public art on the Cultural Trail.
To date, the campaign has raised $72,468, 28% of the goal.
The Keep Ann Dancing campaign is designed to be very public and accessible in nature just as the art piece itself. There are many ways people can Keep Ann Dancing including:
- Make an online donation at keepanndancing.org,
- Text to give: Ann to 243-725
- Buy Keep Ann Dancing merchandise at Silver in the City or KeepAnnDancing.org/shop
- Attend the Keep Ann Dancing Dance Party on June 29.
- Host an Ann “Friend Raiser” at your office or home.
- Buy an Ann inspired drink at Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery, Coat Check Coffee and Gavel Curated Cafe.
Everyone is encouraged to share their favorite Ann Dancing memory and images using #KeepAnnDancing as well as follow @KeepAnnDancing on all social media channels.
“Ann Dancing is one of us, she’s an Indianapolis resident,” Haley said. “People from all over the world have grown to love her just as we have. No contribution is too small. We want this campaign to be a way for everyone to Keep Ann Dancing, as she puts smiles on all of our faces as we walk by her every day.”